• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Screen deck plugging at top end

SlatcoAu

Hi there, I built a 4 x 12 double deck screen deck with a top mounted rotating counter weight that I use for placer mining. The way it is currently setup I end up plugging on the top end after a couple hrs running but the bottom 3 feet seems to have enough bounce to not plug. Any ideas on how to correct this besides going to a different counter weight setup mounted between the decks?

Link to vid of shaker in action.

Tugger2

Looks like a pretty decent setup. Im no expert on these shakers but you might consider a couple of things. It looks like your drive is mounted on the deck. If the drive was remote from the deck,either a belt to the counterweight shaft which would be on the shaker ,or hydraulic drive.that would take some weight off the deck and give more shake.
Maybe play with the water direction at the top, could need more or less.
You might want to run the material over a grizzly first and get rid of the big oversize,not sure if this will lose any gold not washing the big rocks but they give the deck a pretty hard pounding.
I used to build these little shakers years ago single deck .they cleaned material pretty well.Top Sail Screen.jpg