• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Seal Kit

talltexan6ft7

HI, I am in need of a loader lift seal kit for my 580b and don't know who to buy from! I can get one from $35.00 to $129.00 but I don't want to buy a piece of junk! Can anyone on here recommend a reputable supplier? Thanks!

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I have had real good luck with CEA. Best prices I could find and they sell Hercules kits. Best bet is to call them and verify what you want. I have a New Holland tractor. I got the OEM numbers and they got me the kits.

MG84

If its a machine you plan on keeping go to the Case dealer and pay whatever they are asking (assuming still availble.) The OEM stuff really is that much better to justify 2-3x the price. This is especially true on something like cylinders which I don’t want to be rebuilding after the crappy aftermarket parts failed prematurely...

MG84

The last time I bought Case OEM seals it cost me $135.00 for the piston seals only.

Hercules and Bulldog are as good as any OEM seals that I have installed.
I have used all three with long lasting good results.
What were they for? Between my 450c dozer and 480e backhoe I bought 9 different complete cylinder seal kits from case over the past couple years and none were over $150. Often the entire cylinder kit is cheaper than just the piston seals or gland seals.

franklin2

Over the last 6 years I have rebuilt all the cylinders on the rear of my case 480c. I always use the cheaper ones on Ebay and I have not had any problems with them. The last cylinder left started leaking the other day and I just ordered a swing cylinder kit for $25.00 free shipping. That will hopefully do it for the rear, so far the front has been good.

It seems they get to a certain age, the original seals just crumble.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Over the last 6 years I have rebuilt all the cylinders on the rear of my case 480c. I always use the cheaper ones on Ebay and I have not had any problems with them. The last one started leaking the other day and I just ordered a swing cylinder kit for $25.00 free shipping. That will hopefully do it for the rear, so far the front has been good.
Dr. Foam on ebay? Good supplier I've used many times. Nice guy too. If you have the OEM part numbers for seal kits, Reliable Aftermarket Parts online are very good also.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Good people to me on several instances. Dr. Foam on ebay; I had ordered the lift, and curl cylinder kits for the 1845C when one curl cylinder started leaking. Dr. Foam's kits were duplicates in every way including colors of the parts and work flawlessly. Much less $$$ than the Case/IH vendored kits.

Knowing the Case/HI parts guys very well, I took the aftermarket kits in for comparison. They too have patronized his business for hydraulic seal kits though I cannot attest to what.

No plugs are meant at all. Only reflecting my personal experiences with two vendors I will patronize again. There are plenty that will never see another nickel from me also citing bad service.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
I too have gotten a lot of parts from reliable aftermarket parts with excellent reviews, HWPartStore has been my go to for my machine and several others for seals,very helpful knowledgeable folks for anything hydraulic related.