• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sears Backhoe seat squeaking. How to fix?

emmett518

I have a Sears Seating backhoe seat in my Deere 310L. It's squeaking when the backhoe bounces, and it's driving me nuts. Tried removing the skirt, and spraying with silicone lube. No success.
Tried calling Sears, and asking for advice, and ended up with some very bitchy female who refused to offer any advice, telling me to call Deere. She did offer the suggestion that it was probably worn out, and that I should buy another one.

Any advice on fixing this?

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
OMG, I’m still laughing my ass off!
Is this a serious question? Called Sears and asked about a squeaky seat.
Haaahhhaaahhaa, okay so, I got that out of my system. I didn’t know Sears was still around? Think there are none left around here and I sure wouldn’t call them for this issue. lol.
Must be some springs in the seat, think wire bent into clips.
Only way would be to get to the wire rack and grease but think it would just do it again. I wonder if you could drill some holes in the pan and shoot some Red n Tacky up in with the nozzle?

emmett518

Sears is a seating manufacturer that makes seats for heavy equipment, trucks, etc. It's not spring related. It's related to the pivot points on the air ride seat.

It has nothing to do with Sears Roebuck.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
If that seat as an adjustment lever that sticks out the front make sure it's not bent and rubbing on another metal component when rocking back and forth. No amount of lube will remedy that noise, need to locate where rubbing and eliminate contact. Have encountered this problem on a bunch of truck seats, and yes that noise will drive you batshit crazy.