• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

service trailer

shadow2

i bought a 8x16 foot tool trailer and wanted to put a small lube system on the trailer. got price from some company that were out rages.

is there a way to make one cheeper then the other company that the tanks can be move to balance out the trailer before the permitly mounted.

only looking for 2 60 gallon new product tanks and a 60 gallon used oil tank

Ryan151

You can buy some steel have it bent and weld up your own tanks. Just grind them clean where youre going to weld and they won't leak.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
The pumps and hoses are generally the expensive parts. If you buy enough oil in bulk from a supplier they'll give you a pump or two. Watch Craigslist etc for used fuel tanks. Your waste oil tank can be setup with an air powered pump that can be run either direction like a service truck has that way you can suck it out of your pan and pump into a waste oil barrel when it's full. Keep the suction hose short, 15' or so and make sure it's heavy enough it won't collapse. With a little patience and searching I'm sure you can find what you want. Also, wanting 60 gallon product tanks you could get a couple 55 gallon drums and be there short of the pumps and plumbing. If you weren't half the country away I have three you could use for tanks. All depends on how often you use it etc.

Junkyard

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
i bought a 8x16 foot tool trailer and wanted to put a small lube system on the trailer. got price from some company that were out rages.

is there a way to make one cheeper then the other company that the tanks can be move to balance out the trailer before the permitly mounted.

only looking for 2 60 gallon new product tanks and a 60 gallon used oil tank

I don't know but I'm sure you will need plenty of PIG MATS!!!!

shadow2

i own a cat 301.9 execrator and wore though the bucket in 700 hours. the cat 299 we have wore out the bucket in 1200 hours.

has cat cheapened up the buckets they are making.

would u buy a new bucket or cut the floors out and repair the bucket with hard ox steel

i was already switching the bucket to weld on shanks instead of bolt on

any help would be great

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
i own a cat 301.9 execrator and wore though the bucket in 700 hours. the cat 299 we have wore out the bucket in 1200 hours.

has cat cheapened up the buckets they are making.

would u buy a new bucket or cut the floors out and repair the bucket with hard ox steel

i was already switching the bucket to weld on shanks instead of bolt on

any help would be great

This is what we built because I was tired of buying skid buckets that wore out too quickly in my opinion.

Started as a Cat smooth lip bucket with reversible cutting edge. Purchased Cat backhoe bucket shanks and trimmed them with a torch to match the lip profile. Welded them on.

Used some old D5 cutting edge as extra wear plates on the bottom.

This picture was taken 3 years ago but the bucket looks the same today. The bucket has around 2K hours on it and the lip is still straight with no wear, replaced the cutting edge twice and many sets of teeth.

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

Recently purchased a new 279 with a smooth lip bucket, the same as in the pic. This winter we're going to build that bucket the same with added wear plates on the bottom. The bucket in the pic has some wear and dents where we didn't beef up the bottom.

shadow2

start to plane the layout for the trailer was wonder how to blance the trailer front to back and left to right.

the lube skid weighs 2000lbs loaded
2000lbs welder
4000lbs tool box
1000lbs of reel
all of the smaller tool and scrap steel