• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skidsteer tire chains

big builder

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new gehl 6640 and I am looking for a set of tire chains for the 14 by 17.5 tires it has on it.

Need them for the snow around here.

Can anyone steer me to a spot for a good quality set. In Ontario if I can ........if not I will get them shipped.

Thanks

BB

emilbanks

Occupation
Building & Grounds Maintenance
I have a Gehl 4640 Turbo and have chains on the rear tires for snow removal.
Do a search on the net for tirechains.com they are out of Pennsylvania good outfit and fast delivery service and reasonable.
Hope that helps

brt

If your local government uses chains on their snow plows ask them if you can have a set of the "worn out" ones. What may be worn out to them may get you by. I took a set of chains from an 11 x 22.5 tire on a local plow and only had to shorten them to fit my 763 (10 x 16.5 tire). Think of it as recycling to the max! And it's FREE!