• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slow Auto-Idle Response

Devo

Hey folks. Been working on a 350DLC that has an issue with throttle response from idle.

When at idle the machine is slow to respond to specific pilot controls - right track and boom up. It takes a second or two for the engine to get up to speed. Once it does the machine operates fine, but something seems off.

Read lots here over the years so I figured I’d ask if anyone has any suggestions.

Machine has no codes. I’ve tried quite a few things with no change. It has recently had a pump and gearbox fail, but the operators are saying this issue was there before that happened.

All functions off pump 2 on the 5 spool side work as expected. Nearly instant response to the pilot controls from idle.

Pump 1 delivery pressure at high idle is about 4MPa which doesn’t seem right. Delivery pressure at relief is 31MPa vs 35 for pump 2. It seems like one of the circuit reliefs has a problem but I’ve looked at them and swapped both boom reliefs with no change.

Anyone have a similar problem before?