• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slow hydraulics on Deere 317g

SCWS6

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2019 Deere 317g with around 700 hours.

The problem I’m having is it’s very slow to boom down and curl down, it gets a little better hot but still slow. Boom up and curl up are normal speed. The hydraulic fluid, filter, and base was recently changed.
I was going to try swapping the boom up and down solenoids but thought I’d ask on here first.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
No active codes when operating?

What are your boom up and bucket curl cycle times?

Those stored codes are not your issue. First thing I would do is to perform a calibration. I'll PM you the procedure.

Did you know that machine is in extended warranty. I would call the dealer to double check that.

SCWS6

Those stored codes are not your issue. First thing I would do is to perform a calibration. I'll PM you the procedure.

Did you know that machine is in extended warranty. I would call the dealer to double check that.

The calibration procedure fixed it. Boom down times went from 20 seconds to 4. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

I also did not know it had an extended warranty and I will check into that.

Is there a service manual that has those procedures that I can buy?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Is there a service manual that has those procedures that I can buy?

TM13850X19 is the Operation and Test manual, which is the manual for theory of operation, troubleshooting procedures and schematics (and calibration procedure).

TM13854X19 Is the Repair manual, which is just repair procedures (disassembly and assembly) for the machine (except hydraulic cylinders, that is yet another manual, CTM120519).

CTM120419 Is the Engine manual, which covers theory, diagnostics and repair procedures for the Yanmar engine in your machine.

SCWS6

TM13850X19 is the Operation and Test manual, which is the manual for theory of operation, troubleshooting procedures and schematics (and calibration procedure).

TM13854X19 Is the Repair manual, which is just repair procedures (disassembly and assembly) for the machine (except hydraulic cylinders, that is yet another manual, CTM120519).

CTM120419 Is the Engine manual, which covers theory, diagnostics and repair procedures for the Yanmar engine in your machine.

Perfect. Thanks again for all your help!

Joel Carbajal

Can you pm me on how to do calibration?

Joel Carbajal

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2019 Deere 317g with around 700 hours.

The problem I’m having is it’s very slow to boom down and curl down, it gets a little better hot but still slow. Boom up and curl up are normal speed. The hydraulic fluid, filter, and base was recently changed.
I was going to try swapping the boom up and down solenoids but thought I’d ask on here first.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
I have same problem right now

jlvvela84

Hello sorry to ask can you send me the calibration process as well i have the same issue please
My serial number is
1T0317GJPJJ335527