• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

small rollers

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
anyone able to poijnt me in the direction where i could find a 600mm (24") wide ride-on roller, preferably vibrating, with the operator either standing on the unit or sitting on it?

not that i'd be overly keen to use one at that width, i imagine the stability mightn't be that great.

i've looked high and low and the narowest i can identify is 800mm similar to the hamm 8. I am not looking for a remote controlled trench type roller, the application is for footpaths.

thanks!

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Bomag makes a walk behind thats 22" wide at the drum. Model is a bw55e, Ive use a tandem wheel roller for doing paths and the operater had to be careful or it would go over. I thought it was kinda dangerous cause he stood a chance of getting run over if they were operating on a grade, But you have to pack it down somehow.

mouse

Occupation
thanks - but not after a walk behind as the operators are not keen to use one.

mouse

Occupation
you may well be right there, the client is specific it cannot be walk behind and they do not seem keen on remote controlled gear.

i'd throw them a plate wacker and let 'em loose if i was running the crew.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
i've looked high and low and the narowest i can identify is 800mm similar to the hamm 8. I am not looking for a remote controlled trench type roller, the application is for footpaths.

thanks!

Narrowest ride on I've come across is a 800mm Bomag and they are not the most stable piece of kit

Bomag makes a walk behind thats 22" wide at the drum. Model is a bw55e, Ive use a tandem wheel roller for doing paths and the operater had to be careful or it would go over. I thought it was kinda dangerous cause he stood a chance of getting run over if they were operating on a grade, But you have to pack it down somehow.

the client is specific it cannot be walk behind

mouse, did you have any luck with this? I dont see that a client can specify a piece of equipment that is (a) probably unavailable or/and (b) probably dangerous.

Our footpaths either get a walk behind single drum ( I'm sure they are bigger than 600mm / 2' ) or a vibrating plate if a roller wont fit.

heavylift

rammax has walk behind with wireless remote .. so they could bring a lawn chair and set beside the ditch,:)

I think they rented a rider but it was 32ish wide, and scary looking.

The funny thing is even with the wireless, which had 25'+ range , they still walk behind it.