• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

So the metal building price increases begin.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
I am probably a day late with this, but if any of you guys need a carport or a metal building the time to get it is now. We are getting hit with price increases. So if you are looking for a building here in the USA we are getting a 20 to 25 % increase due to the tariffs ... They may even go higher.

PJ The Kid

Occupation
Mechanic
Of course now that I am planning on building a 80x90 or 100x100 in the next 6 months, the prices are going to sky-rocket. Not to get political, but I'm still not sure what to think of the tariffs. In a way I like theym because it helps American steel, but I don't like that it reduces competition making it a monopoly where they can do what they want withthe price like they did with insurance.

Crummy

Nucor should be pretty well positioned for this with their buildings & domestic steel production. When I was a dealer/erector it was near impossible to compete with offshores on price. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.