• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sokkia EAGL3 error code

DennisZ

I have a Sokkia EAGL3 laser that I have been using to dig a construction site to -1% grade. Saturday I put it in its box and yesterday when I took it out and put it on its tripod, then switched it on and the screen now says ERR- 1. It's starts turning right away, sometimes fast sometime slow. Can't adjust anything so I don't know whether it is level or not and if it is set on the right grade.

What does this code mean??:confused:

Thanks, Dennis

DennisZ

New batteries and a new internal battery and a dealer reset eventually solved the problem. Batteries weren't difficult to find, the internal battery was more of a hassle as the one it had, is not available in Europe! Dealer found a different one that works.

billypowell

New batteries and a new internal battery and a dealer reset eventually solved the problem.

Hi,
I have the same problem... I could replace the internal battery by myself, but what do you exactly mean with "dealer reset"?
Thank you in advance for your help,
billypowell

DennisZ

My dealer changed the battery, and he had to clear the error code. Can´t tell you how.

Internal battery is not available here in Europe, and i couldn´t get someone to ship it from the States. (something to do with Lithium....) So we found a similar one here, but it´s just a little less capacity. We´ll see how long it lasts. I had it calibrated while it was at the dealer too.

Good luck