• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some good news finally!

Eric

With all the doom and gloom around the world I thought I'd post a little good news. I got a promotion to shovel operator and it comes with a decent raise! I'm not trying to rub salt in any wounds or brag or anything, I'm just really grateful to get what I got. By the way my shovel is a P&H 23000xp, as the low man on the totem pole I get the smaller shovel. As I move up the ladder I will get the 4100xp. Our little mine has been keeping VERY low costs and it's paid off for us..... we're still working. Pictures to follow in the next few days.

JDOFMEMI

Congratulations Eric

Be sure to share pictures with us of your new ride.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Congratulations Eric, you done good and are right to be upbeat, good news rubs off on us also. :drinkup

Only one down side to this ................................. you do realise the dumptrucks get bigger also :D

Wolf

Nice job!! Congratulations. It's nice to hear good news like this in this doom and gloom economy. Enjoy running the P&H 23000xp.

What kind of work are you doing with that shovel? Where are you in the Southwest?

Eric

Thanks for the flowers fellas. I'll take some pictures tomorrow, hopefully be up tomorrow night. And yeah, I know shovels never stop, that's part of the appeal. Makes 12 hour shift go by very quickly!

Eric

Nice job!! Congratulations. It's nice to hear good news like this in this doom and gloom economy. Enjoy running the P&H 23000xp.

What kind of work are you doing with that shovel? Where are you in the Southwest?

Hey Wolf, I work in a copper mine in southwest New Mexico. We have a fleet of 19 Cat 793 B's and D's, and 15 or so old 789 B's. We load with a 4100 P&h, 2300 P&H, a 5230 Cat, and 2 994 F loaders.

Sorry about not having pic's up, gonna have to wait till graveyard shift on monday night to sneek camera out.

sluggo

Occupation
Equip. Operater
Hope it works out good for ya. Copper prices are kinda sucking these day's

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
monday night to sneek camera out.

Never mind the ribbing on here. DO NOT jepordise your position for a couple of pictures.

If you can take some, we will all be greatful, but not if it gets you into trouble. :drinkup

Eric

Here's a few pictures from last night, sorry for the quality. I'll get some better shots of "Mary Ann" later when I'm on day shift. Isn't every shovel named "Mary Ann"??

Attachments

• 20 shovel (Small).jpg
    20 shovel (Small).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20 shovel 2 (Small).jpg
    20 shovel 2 (Small).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 20 shovel 3 (Small).jpg
    20 shovel 3 (Small).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 192

Eric

Here's a couple more.

Attachments

• 20 cab (Small).jpg
    20 cab (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 109
  • 20 house 2 (Small).jpg
    20 house 2 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20 house 3 (Small).jpg
    20 house 3 (Small).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 113
  • gettin loaded (Small).jpg
    gettin loaded (Small).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 113
  • dipper (Small).jpg
    dipper (Small).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 113

Turbo21835

Good pics for being night shots. Congrats. Since all shovels are called mary ann, I think we are going to need to change your user name to Mike Mulligan.