• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some wabco pics

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
hi all just a couple of pics of some tractors we used to run here in oz
i will post some more later if these work out.bigbevs photos 099.jpg

68526.jpg

td25c

Great pic's. I like the 222H,It look's like it has the electric drive motor's on the chain.I have a Wabco C pull self loader.Dose the 222 have a torque converter behind the engine?My C pull has a clutch and 5 speed tranny.

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
The 222 had the alternator staight off the rear of the engine then the tourque convertor/transmission unit bolted to the rear of that.trans was a 5 speed semi auto
single electric drive elavator box.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
The one in the bottom pic looks like a Michigan

The one in the bottom pic looks like a Clark Michigan 110, not a Wabco.

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
It is a clark 110-15B same tractor thats on the float in a earlier pic we used to run it as well down here.

td25c

Wabco's & clark's,bothe fine machines.Thanks for the pictures scraperboy .

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Hello Scraperboy222

The 222H looks fairly new in the photo. Do you still own/run this baby?

I made a mistake late the year before last and bought a 623E Cat instead of one of these. I have regreted my decision ever since. it has cost a bundle to keep and the problems seem to never end.

I own a 229F and have for more than 10 years. She, in comparision has cost vey little in terms of breakdowns and has a very good reputaion around town as one the most reliable scrapers available. I love operating it!

Cheers
Gordon

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
hi Gordon

the 222H is a 1985 build from memory the photos were taken in 2005 just before it was sold that was a sad day. was a very nice machine to operate i have only seen 1 229F it was at Morven up here in QLD about 8 years ago i have not operated one of these what are they like?

Cheers

Bevan

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
Bevan - thanks for the info on the 222H. Sorry to hear you had to part with it.

As for operating the 229F, it is a lot of fun. They are a very well balanced machine and you have to work hard to drop the nose. I enjoy showing up the Cat boys by going places they can not go. For example, with the very low centre of gravity and width on its side, you can cut a 2.5 to 1 batter (as long as you are careful not to overload the bowl and have a good exit route). The best I have ever done with a Cat is 3 to 1 and that's frightning.

The old girl looses it a bit on long hauls as the Cats have a better top speed but at the end of the day I am usually only down 2 or 3 loads.

Not bad for a machine which has just celebrated its 40th birthday!

Heres a couple of shots of it at work here in Canberra a couple of years ago.

Cheers
Gordon

Attachments

• P9060039.jpg
    P9060039.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,677
  • P9060046.jpg
    P9060046.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,684
  • P9060044.jpg
    P9060044.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,060

scraperboy222

Occupation
operator/trainer
Hi Gordon thanks for the photos looks like a very tidy machine.My dad started out in 1973 he bought a 10E2 drove it home from brisbane 1100km through toowoomba 5pm friday afternoon not sure how this would go these days he then traded up to 111As all second hand bought a new 101G in 1979 which we still have several other scrapers bought and sold over the years 101Gs 110-15B clark before getting the 222H.

Bevan

frankderrico

Scraperboy222, did you work on your dads 111A's very much? I'm having trouble with mine,:Banghead maybe you could help. Hope so.......Frank in Wisconsin:usa

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
More little Wab's in OZ

A 34 year old scraper operated by 50yr "young" operator ;). Still enjoying shifting dirt.

Attachments

• Wabco 101F coming at you.jpg
    Wabco 101F coming at you.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 823

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
A downside to the H

hi Gordon

the 222H is a 1985 build from memory the photos were taken in 2005 just before it was sold that was a sad day. was a very nice machine to operate i have only seen 1 229F it was at Morven up here in QLD about 8 years ago i have not operated one of these what are they like?

Cheers

Bevan

A fellow contractor had a 222H from new. 12000 hrs & no engine rebuild either, (the trick- oil change every 100 hrs filters & oil again & 200 hrs)
The only downside was the hitch cracked & needed exchange EVERY 450-500hrs :eek: Apparently the H's were 1' longer than the G's. This was the only reason deduced for causing the problem :(
Does anyone else have a similar story on the H as there were a few around here that suffered this problem (was a warranty job till the dealer decided to find an "opt out" reason) :mad: