• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Source for orings/snap rings/dust seals etc

MrEvilPirate

I need to rebuild a track adjuster and I'm just wondering what you guys do for parts like I mention in the subject.

How can you determine the size of an o-ring, accounting for wear?

What type of shop could I bring this to to get the parts? It should be like 6 bucks to get this stuff but Komatsu wants over 100 bucks.

I snuck away during lunch and pulled the idler and got the adjuster in my truck, when I clean it and open it up I'll look for markings on the dust seal. Not sure what to do about parts with no markings though.

I am new to this kind of stuff... thanks.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
You can get O rings from McMaster Carr and such like. I would just go a give Komatsu their $100 bill and be done with it. Then you have the right O rings the first time. By the time you spend two hours sorting through O ring catalogs and then have to take it back apart because an O ring didn't seal right, did you actually save anything? If you were going to be doing 100 of the track adjusters it might be worth sorting out, but just one machine?

chidog

Hunting for manufactures specific O rings and other sneaky little parts for the track adjuster, may end up no where. I have discovered that with some automotive parts. The parts are special sized and very specific and no one has the correct size. You spend tons of time and end up at the dealer for the right thing. In my one case the dealer didn't sell the parts, you just spend the 4 or 5 K on a reman transmission. So I had to get the wrong part, a bearing and grind it to make it work.

MrEvilPirate

I found a guy selling a kit down in Florida. For 25 bucks I took the gamble. If anything looks off when I'm rebuilding it I'll pay the Komatsu tax... at least they have them in stock.