• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Starting 299d2 after fuel/water separator repkacement

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thinking I might go ahead and tackle draining and flushing the tank. Any suggestions on process?
I thought you had an O&M Manual.? Process is fairly simple. Get the fuel level pretty low, locate the tank drain underneath (it will be in one of two possible locations), park the machine overnight with the tank slightly inclined towards the drain location, then remove the drain plug carefully. Be prepared with sufficient containers to catch whatever is in the tank.

ColdBlackWind

I thought you had an O&M Manual.? Process is fairly simple. Get the fuel level pretty low, locate the tank drain underneath (it will be in one of two possible locations), park the machine overnight with the tank slightly inclined towards the drain location, then remove the drain plug carefully. Be prepared with sufficient containers to catch whatever is in the tank.
Yes sir. That gets it drained but it needs a good flush after that.