• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

steal an excavator and instant karma for one

skyking1

Two guys were stealing an excavator last night with a stolen truck and trailer.
I can only guess that the kingpin was on the excavator seat and told his accomplice to go go go, I will get it on the trailer and we can stop and chain it down.
Accomplice drove like and idiot, trailer comes off, digs in, and the excavator does that other guy in rather gruesomely.
That ROPS does not have a speed rating and he was not wearing the seatbelt anyway.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Kind of reminds me of the Darwin Award copper thieves, attempting to steal live high voltage copper wiring.

Instant electric chair for you, buddy! Bypass the police, courts and judges!! Win-Win situation!!

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
We had that…..”copper thieves, attempting to steal live high voltage “.

First guy there had nightmares and had to go to talk with some one, apprentice found a chunk of ??? While cleaning up and restoring service and was off for a month. The super had flashbacks to military service, I stayed away but did hear all about it in graphic detail from the first guy there. It comes back like it was yesterday even 10 yrs later. The thief is gone but the effect on many people was long lasting.
The thief was a druggy that sold the copper for pennies to a scrap yard with no scruples. There is no real solution to the drug problem. There are lots of victims on the edges of the drug problem that we don’t see. Cam