• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sterling l9500 dip stick part number

mattyt1984

Sterling VIN 2FZAAZANX2AK30641. Î purchase and it is missing dipstick and when I pulled oil pan plug antifreeze came out. I'm looking to drive into my shop but need to make sure oil level is correct first. Has cat engine not sure which model

Truck Shop

Sterling VIN 2FZAAZANX2AK30641. Î purchase and it is missing dipstick and when I pulled oil pan plug antifreeze came out. I'm looking to drive into my shop but need to make sure oil level is correct first. Has cat engine not sure which model
Just use something flexible like a old speedo cable down dip tube, figure a distance where it is just a inch below
pan rail, should be ok.

mattyt1984

Pic attached of serial. Anyway to test and see if where coolant is getting into oil? My first guess is water pump. Anyone have instructions on how to replace?

mattyt1984

Ok I can pressurize coolant system but assuming pressure drops how does that tell me where it is leaking?

Truck Shop

Well if it's external your going to see it making a puddle on the floor. Internally--remove the
oil pan look for dribble. Might have to pull the head.

mattyt1984

No external leaks. Looks like easiest fix is water pump so I think I will remove that and bench test it. Does anyone have manual that shows how to remove?

mattyt1984

I pressurized the coolant system to 15 psi and it held for over an hour. I'm thinking possibly it only leaks while running or when hot? I'll test tomorrow any suggestions what would do this?

Truck Shop

Leave the pressure tester in-place on the radiator, start it and let it run warming up and
see if the psi climbs on the gauge.

mattyt1984

So connected shop air plugged off top of radiator tanks left 15 psi on system over night after running for an hour and pressure has stayed for over 12 hours. Any ideas what could of caused this? When I originally drained oil a good 3 gallons of antifreeze came out. Anyone know a parts supplier for Sterling so I can find the dip stick?

crane operator

go to your local junkyard and tell them you need a c-10 dipstick and tube.

Vanderhaags showed one at $58 but I don't think its in stock, sorry.