• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stone Slinger Trucks

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums joeconveying! :drinkup

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
There is a water tank like a mixer uses, and a pressure pump to rinse off the conveyor belts. It only takes a couple minutes to clean up after cement! I worked for a company that had 3! They set up to fill the footer/basement with aggergate using form-a-drain plastic dementinal forms. we would deliver the aggergate and about 15 to 30 munites later the concrete truck woud be on site dumping their load. Multi tasking with 1 piece of equipment, and a lot less waste than a pumper!

06bowtie_guy

Interesting that this past weekend a buddy was talking about these trucks too. As mentioned above they are new around town.

What kind of load do these trucks carry?? We figure must lose some load because of the conveyer belt system and extra hyds.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
there pretty popular here. the ones we have are remote controlled. there cool to watch

Attachments

• 2886945540100042495oKTbso_fs.jpg
    2886945540100042495oKTbso_fs.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,675

RyanDS650X

Occupation
Telebelt Operator
Hey fellas! Im new here and im a Telebelt operator. I ran a telebelt search and this is the only thread ive been able to find. I know conveyors are a specialized piece, but only 1 little thread?! Anymore belt guys on this forum??

RyanDS650X

Occupation
Telebelt Operator
Dirthauler, were you placing rock or cement with that telebelt truck? I read on the website you can modify the conveyer to run in reverse to bring material out to the truck, which would be slick for digging basements in heritage buildings.

To answer a few questions i see you guys have, you can place just about any type on construction material up too 4" in diameter. Rock, ABC, backfill, slurry, concrete up too about a 7" slump depending on the mix.

For concrete applications a collapsable hopper assembles with 6 cotter pins in just a few minutes and also controls the volume of mud going up the feeder belt.

For Aggregate we have 1 yard and 5yard hoppers that are usually trailered to the job and mount in the same location as the concrete hopper, but have there own base and support legs due to the weight on the larger hoppers and heavier materials.

Clean up in simple if the machine is set up properly, the wiper blades at each end of both the feeder and telescoping belts is what keep the belt clean.
We carry 100gallons of water on board in a tank that runs the lenght of the truck body and have a hydraulic water pump that feds a pressure washer for a quick clean up.

I have a blast running these machines, the set up options are endless and I usually get the more challenging jobs that pump trucks either cant do or dont have the reach or clearance. Offen times i get jobs with high voltge overhead powerlines that the pump guys flat out refuse to do, but for me its no worries at all. Its the best of both worlds in concrete and aggregate and keeps me working long after the pumps are headed back to the yard.:drinkup

If you can get past the weird music this is a pretty cool video of all the differtent ways to use these machines.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzg3rh_frlQ

Last edited:

td25c

I was wondering how popular stone slinger trucks are becoming in other areas. It is amazing how fast and accurate the new slingers are, with a tri drive truck it can deliver 19 tonnes compared to 14 for a regular tandem dump truck.

For anyone who hasn’t seen a slinger truck this is a good example on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srDd25kfKkk

I use them on some jobs that I would have trouble getting the stone in with a skidloader or excavator.The stone slinger trucks have been in my area for mabe 10 to 15 years.They are a common sight now and very handy on jobsites.

DianesTank

Occupation
business owner
Looking for a Slinger and/or Shooter type truck in the Seattle. CAD and Pacific topsoils are booked out. Anyone know of a smaller operation that can shoot 5/8" clean? I bought one but it too is booked out. Doing this for a friend.

millertime778

Occupation
Vice President- City Hill Construction Inc.
We have a slinger here in western new york in the finger lakes. They are quite popular and handy around here. We do alot of work on the lakes and sometimes this is the only way to get material close to where you want it.

Ours is a 2005 Kenworth with the 6x6 option and 2 stearable tags. It has a Soil King Slinger on the back that is controlled by a wireless remote. We can get 21 ton on it.

Slinger.jpgslinger 3.jpgslinger 2.jpgslinger1.jpg524648_504629689573841_1619108636_n.jpg

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
Tri County Excavating had 4 Telebelts form Putzmieser. One hopper for aggregate and one for concrete. There was even a pressure washer on the truck to clean the Hose and belts, and an air line for air tools to be used for maintenance. foundations_and_footings.jpg