• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stupid questions

PSDF350

1) I need to top off tranny fluid it calls for Dexron II but alls i can find is Dexron III, is that o.k?

2) I need to also top off gear oil in winch and other spots. it calls for 80w-140 MIL-L-2105C but all i can find is 85w-140 MIL-L-2105E is that o.k?

3) also need to top off hydrualic fluid and 1 of the recomened fluids is Dexron II. is tranny fluid also hydrualic fluid? or do they make hydrualic fluid under same name? Thanks in advanced.

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
1) dex iii are reversable back to dex 11. Would be fine.

2) To top off you will be fine.

3) If it is listed as one of the recommended fluids then the afore mentioned Dex II applies. Will be fine. Trans fluids ccan be classified as hyd fluids some as gear oils depending on the app.

Mark
Schaeffers Oil

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
btw Not stupid questions. Too many "pros" put the wrong fluid in applications all the time. Short term effects may be minimal. The long term effects of putting in the wrong fluid or even the wrong viscosity can be very damaging.

PSDF350

Mark thats what i wanted to avoid. another reason why instead of just going to parts store i made the trip to dealer. just so i could buy and learn. worked out to. becuase instead of the 80w-140 gear oil it turns out i would be better off with the 80-90.

PSDF350

thats what i figuired. it is my first machine and i just wanted to make sure i know what i'm doing before i start buying elsewhere. that was always someone elses job.