• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

sum things ya get in the email

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Payton It made me laugh to look how much they charge and the 18 to 21 day 180 hour course. For the 10 grand they charge I can buy a nice Komatsu dozer or a real nice tandem truck.
Whats real funny is howmany folks will sign up for this class and pay good money and not be satisfied. I worked on a hob where 2 operators went to work hired in as journey men. Thats the first time I ever saw a cutting edge wear out from back dragging. They basically only learned how to walk a machine around, one hopped in my crane I was running at dinner to give it a try and I had my boom about 10 feet off the ground When he got in it and didnt engage the master clutch he dropped my boom and warped a section.
With that course they have they basically earn enought to dig out a stump or move the equipment to a service line. hat got me neither one of the fellas had any previous experience on the job not even as laborers and they lasted about a month running rollers.