• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sumitomo SH200 Help

dobronos

Hello,
I am looking to purchase a used Sumitomo SH200 excavator. The machine will start and run, but will not move at all because of something with the safety lever. The seller said that over the last few years he would have to "jiggle" the safety lever for the controls to activate. Now the machines won't move at all no matter what you do with the lever. He said that he has had a few mechanics come take a look at it, they have tried replacing switches, but not one can fix it. Can anyone help? Also, I was reading something about this machine being the same as a link-belt but can't find any other info. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Model number: SH200
Serial number: 200A1-3246

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Link belt wad Re-branding the sumitomos as their own . The yellow paint would bleed through the red and white in just a couple years. I believe they were all grey-market. Parts and info is really hard to come by.
We had a couple manual but they liquidated everything when they closed the doors on us.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Suggest you look for the the solenoid valve that cuts the pilot pressure when the safety lever is in the open position. In most case,s this is living close by a pressure accumulator. The valve can be by-passed to make the machine mobile. If you have a problem post some photo,s of the hydraulics we will try to help
Kind regards
Uffex