• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SW West Virginia

A. Williamson

Hi all. New here. I'm a mobile mechanic currently based in Monroe/Greenbrier counties in West Virginia. I moved to my buddy's farm here from Philadelphia area. I was a machinist and did automation as a full time job for a few years out of college and did welding on nights and weekends in the city of Philadelphia where the port is. Saved up enough money to travel around the country for a few years and ended up down in Belize with my truck camper when the pandemic hit. Eventually made it back here to the states and I'm bringing my mobile work truck back online. Used to work out of a f350 with side boxes but in 2017 I "built" (really just half assembled) a kinda service truck from a Mitsubishi Fuso from Delaware and a old National Grid Knapheide service box that I found on craigslist in Connecticut. Looks kinda silly but I have a trailblazer 302g, a honda air compressor and a nice workbench inside that I can stand up at and I'm 6'3". Just missing a crane. Might rig a davit to sit on the platform behind the driver side. I'll get a better service truck eventually but I threw this one together for less than 10k.

Like I said I was mostly a welder before but I'm getting in to mechanical work now. Rebuilt a 1986 Deutz air cooled diesel this winter. Just got my paperwork all renewed for the truck and my DOT stuff so I'm ready to start working again. If anyone has any leads for this part of the State i"d appreciate anything I can get.

Glad to be registered here and i'm reading a lot of old threads learning a lot.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums AW!

A. Williamson

Thanks. Found some work yesterday. A welding job on a aluminum cattle hauler and a job getting a snorkel man lift to work right.

Met a guy who does equipment repair and he told me he's swamped with work and gave me those two leads. Apparently there's a need for this type of work around here.