• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Swivel arm on grapple with tilt hitch

case9030b

Hi does anyone know if there an off the shelf swiveling arm for attaching a grapple with a tilt hitch??

Ive brought a machine with a helic powertilt and going to make one up if need be.

Heres a pc200-6 with grapple and custom swivel arm,going to do it similar but i think the powertilt will have more angle.

And a pic of the 9030 with powertilt.

Attachments

• 06052009(001) (Medium).jpg
    06052009(001) (Medium).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 816
  • Picture 097 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 097 (Medium).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 938
  • case.JPG
    case.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

Never heard of one off the shelf, but if there is one, I would bet it would be found in the European countries, like Norway, Sweden, and that area. Thay are big on attachments that are what we consider custom.

Looks like yours works pretty good there. I think I would just weld up one like it.

case9030b

Thanks for the reply,a tilting grab is more versatile than i ever thought.

Ill try and find something on European sites.

Eddiebackblade

That's a really neat set up for a grapple. I'm a real fan of tilting buckets and can't understand why they aren't more common.
The Helac powertilt is a really good piece of kit and will certainly tilt more than anything I've ever encountered, it also provides a really neat solution with nothing sticking out to get snagged or damaged.
The tilting of a grapple is completely new to me and is one of them 'why didn't I think of that moments!'.
I can certainly say you will not find anything like it in the UK as Grapples are quite rare and 'Thumbs' never seen!
My own mind is saying maybe try a propshaft 'universal joint' in the link to give plenty of movement, but whatever I think you will have to engineer your own solution.
Great idea, wish you every success.

Eddie.

case9030b

Found one shop that makes the swivel arm today that's not as heavy as one pictured although it is a strong set up.

thanks Eddie,ill let you know how i go the powertilts got more movement than i expected.

JDOFMEMI

Brian

I like your setup there.

Now imagine combining the powertilt, with its 180* rotation, and the full 360* rotary of a rototilit