• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T300 spool valve sticking after replacing seal

Dustin Arnold

Hello to everyone and thank you in advance for any help you provide. I do most of my own wrench turning and do the best that I can with the self taught knowledge I have to keep my equipment running and my business operating. The machine in question is a 2002 bobcat T300 that runs and operates great, definitely a little tired but great machine nonetheless has 4400 hrs. Had for about 6 months. I had a nasty hydro leak developing and after investigating, found that the lower spool valve (lift pedals) rear cover with 2 screws still attached laying in the pan. The c clip and inner spool valve end still attached. Figured out the spring had sprung and lost some small parts I removed the whole valve from the control body with alot of cussing and found a bad seal on the back side as suspected. Went down to Marietta bobcat and picked up 4 detent balls and 2 springs, and a seal to put everything back together. Pulled out the valve with alot of cussing, got it all back together with detents,spring and seal, and put it back in. The seal is facing the correct way. Fired up the machine and the machine was no longer leaking but the lift pedal will not lift, it will only lower on the lift pedal. The other tilt pedal works fine. The pedal seems lodged so that I cant even move it down as if I were wanting to lift the arms. But all other functions will work. In trying to fix, I carefully removed the rear cover with 2 screws as to allow it to move freely without losing my springs and the pedal will move as it should, but when starting the machine even though the pedal moves the upward direction, the arms still do not lift. Tightened it back up, same thing. It's almost like it binds the pedal when the rear cover is torqued down. Regardless the arms do not lift. Cover fastened or not. Even removed the c clip and cover and tried running, no luck, lift arms still not wanting to raise. Any ideas are greatly appreciated..20180609_143627.jpg

Dustin Arnold

Ok, so I spent some time trying to figure this out again today and removed the valve spool from the control body again and put it back, everything looked and seemed fine. The valve spool moves in and out of the control body freely now, it didn't before, the pedal also moves both directions as it should. The problem still persists of the lift arms not moving up or down though. The tilt functions work fine. I swapped actuator harnesses on the spools with no luck. Filled up hydraulic tank, repositioned everything I could think of. Note: when I use the pedal to move the lift arms the motor/hydraulics will load pushing the pedal forward as to lower the arms and has no load on the motor/hydraulics when pushing the pedal to the rear as to lift the arms. Again, thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Just for grins, can you swap the raise and lower hoses at the valve, or are they steel pipe that won't allow. This sounds really familiar. Another member had really similar circumstances

Dustin Arnold

Just for grins, can you swap the raise and lower hoses at the valve, or are they steel pipe that won't allow. This sounds really familiar. Another member had really similar circumstances
That's a good idea. I believe I can swap them at the control valve I'm going to give it a try tomorrow afternoon. I read through the other thread as well and there was some helpful information there. Thank you. I will let you know the results after I swap the lines in the next couple days.