• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T86 vs 333g

Has anyone ran both machines or experience with either? I’m leaning towards the t86 due to the amount they are giving in trade for my old machine. But somewhat nervous about the t86 machine being newer and things coming up or breaking any thoughts on which one would be the better machine.

Mike_IUOE

Occupation
Operating Engineer
We have a t76 Bobcat and absolutely love it. it Has around 659 hours on it now and only had an issue with the parking brake button. It would randomly apply the parking brake. It was replaced by Bobcat under warranty. The new series have great visibility and very smooth controls.

We also have a 333G and it’s been a nightmare. It has 1200 hours on it and every pump and drive motor has been replaced on it already. One day it just stopped moving. We had to lift it on a trailer and take it to the dealer. Apparently a drive mother went out and the metal contamination took out every else. It was 8 days from being out of warranty. Lucky for us it happened when it did because that repair bill was $45k. We got it back and a week later we had a track break. So we spent 4500 on tracks. Lately we have had a few DEF pump issues with it. We have tried to trade it off for another Bobcat, but they don’t want to give what my boss wants for it. It has great power, but the visibility is very poor in my opinion

We have a t76 Bobcat and absolutely love it. it Has around 659 hours on it now and only had an issue with the parking brake button. It would randomly apply the parking brake. It was replaced by Bobcat under warranty. The new series have great visibility and very smooth controls.

We also have a 333G and it’s been a nightmare. It has 1200 hours on it and every pump and drive motor has been replaced on it already. One day it just stopped moving. We had to lift it on a trailer and take it to the dealer. Apparently a drive mother went out and the metal contamination took out every else. It was 8 days from being out of warranty. Lucky for us it happened when it did because that repair bill was $45k. We got it back and a week later we had a track break. So we spent 4500 on tracks. Lately we have had a few DEF pump issues with it. We have tried to trade it off for another Bobcat, but they don’t want to give what my boss wants for it. It has great power, but the visibility is very poor in my opinion
What application are you using the 333g in?

Also the t76 is smaller than the 331g I have now was mainly looking at the t86 and 333g for wanting a bigger machine was even also considering the tb620 from case

Mike_IUOE

Occupation
Operating Engineer
What application are you using the 333g in?

Also the t76 is smaller than the 331g I have now was mainly looking at the t86 and 333g for wanting a bigger machine was even also considering the tb620 from case
We are using them for training operators. Mostly grading out dirt building pads and the occasional rock pad. They have a pretty easy life here and are maintained at all the intervals listed in the manuals using OE fluids.

I just saw that you said t86. Sorry my bad…. If they are anything like the 76, they would be a really nice machine. i personally have a Case machine (TR310) which is smaller than the tb650, but I have had zero issues with it. I have just hit 1200 hrs and have been very pleased with it.

No worries any input is good i really like my Deere but for mulching and other stuff it overheats a lot even with constant blowing out and cleaning. The 333g is suppose to have two hydraulic pumps and be better at staying cool but I’m also hearing rumors that the t86 is a bit of a reck on drive trains so I’m nervous about either direction as they both over 100k machines. But even the used market machines aren’t that much different than new and by the time the financing kicks in the rates are better new. Still doing research on a couple different brands and models

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The 620 is a beast. My only issue is it is loud, the hyd whine irritates me. I was told that they have increased the insulation and have fixed the issue. I have not run one of those yet to confirm that. Very impressive what you can do with it though.