• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi 135 Spring Cleaning & Upgrades

atgreene

I've been promising some of you guys some pics for quite some time of the modifications that I have made to my 135.

Being that yesterday and today were unseasonably warm, here's a few pics for ya.

I degreased the entire machine with the steam cleaner, then wiped down the cab with alcohol (air brake stuff, of course, not the good stuff:pointhead ) and moved to brake clean for the stick and thumb.

For you guys who get all stemmy about fresh painted machine, I repainted the bucket and thumb (3 more buckets to go) then touched up paint as needed and waxed the entire machine:Banghead .

Attachments

• Excavator spring cleaning 006re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 006re.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 892
  • Excavator spring cleaning 008re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 008re.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 841
  • Excavator spring cleaning 007re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 007re.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 840
  • Excavator spring cleaning 018re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 018re.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 845
  • Excavator spring cleaning 005re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 005re.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 856

atgreene

Here's the blade extensions we did last year, got tired of the blade being the same width as the tracks. Rocks and material was always sliding into the track frame.

Attachments

• Excavator spring cleaning 011re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 011re.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 884
  • Excavator spring cleaning 009re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 009re.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 878

atgreene

That's hard ox we used for the cutting edge, shaves the tops of rocks clean off!

Here's the hitch that we made. The two bolts come out and this goes right there. The nuts are welded to the underside to make it easy. Great for moving the trailer around on a jobsite or using a small dump trailer to move material in and out of places a truck can't go.

The plates over the ram were built so rocks and debris don't set there and stop your swing dead in it's tracks. I used to hate having material spill over the blade and have to clean it off and pry out rocks so they didn't hit the underside of the machine when you swing.

And one of the LED warning lights. They were also installed last year, I need to do 3 more to finish it up. I do a lot of roadside work and found that they help slow traffic, or as much as can be expected.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Excavator spring cleaning 013re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 013re.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 820
  • Excavator spring cleaning 020re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 020re.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 828
  • Excavator spring cleaning 021re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 021re.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 819
  • Excavator spring cleaning 025re.jpg
    Excavator spring cleaning 025re.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 824

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
:thumbsup Man that is one tricked out mini-hoe! I like the modifications especially the hitch. When can I order one.

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
nice job very smart idea for the hitch you should patent the idea!!lol
and put some flames on the side:)

atgreene

My welding guy and I wondered if anyone would want to do something similar.

The interior is my project for Fri. It's a mess, between broken windows and letting my father use it for a month, it needs a serious hoeing out.

murray83

Occupation
jack of all trades....master of none
Now if only you could get you favourite song to play when you press the horn button like the General Lee lol,maybe that can be the next edition of pimp my hoe.

Occupation
Student
Hi atgreene,i like the modification of your tackeuchi,especially the blade,the yellow bucket and the LEDlights.Thats definitly a very COOL:cool2 mini excavator.I would like top buy one!!!where i can find this???

:thumbsup good upgrades man:thumbsup

tylermckee

I like the hitch idea it would be great dragging around trailer with your material in it. I could really use something like that right now for our hyundai 55, we widened a road and added curb and sidewalk and it would be great for filling back along the back of the sidewalk and spreading topsoil.

atgreene

Incidently, I bought the machine new 20 months ago and it now has 1000.3 hours.

As far as a horn, I'm thinking a Federal Q siren would be more to my likeing.:D

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
Now if only you could get you favourite song to play when you press the horn button like the General Lee lol,maybe that can be the next edition of pimp my hoe.

thats a classic:lmao good one!!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
It's nice to see somebody take the time to do some cosmetic maintenance to their equipment. I'm sure it goes a long way with the customer. :yup

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The interior is my project for Fri. It's a mess, between broken windows and letting my father use it for a month, it needs a serious hoeing out.

:lmao I know the feeling - can't tell Dad no, just pick up the pieces and put it back together when he brings it back.:D