• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB260 Starts, but no functions.

csthompson12

Hi, On the TB260 I had a problem today. I fired it up, lowered the lever to start digging and nothing happened. No response from the the joysticks or travel levers.

I wiggled the lever control lock to see if that switch was going bad.. The strange part is when I start it up, the display is not showing the fuel level, temp, RPM. (This is an open cab excavator). Sort of like part of the system is not being turned on.

Anyone have an idea of what I should check tomorrow? Thanks!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Your post points to a electric issue begin by checking thr fuse's with a test meter.
Kind regards
Uffex

csthompson12

Hello Uffex,

Thank you for that suggestion, I check the fuses with a test light. They all had power on each side of the fuse. Took them out and inspected them as well.

There are some relays in the fuse panel box, and some near the ECU as well. However my manual does not cover the functions of the relay.

I was able to retrieve 3 codes.

SPN : 522596 FMI : 9 - TSC1 (CAN message) reception time out (SA1)

SPN : 522600 FMI : 9 - Y_EC (CAN message) reception time out

SPN : 522619 FMI : 9 - Y_DPFIF (CAN message) reception time out

Not sure what those mean, or if they could be related..

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I am not 100% sure but attached to the hydraulic pump you have a couple of solenoid valves, one of which providers the pilot pressure, I would in the first case check you have power for the solenoid. Relating to the errors you need a manual, if you can supply hydraulic & electrical schematics we will try to help some more.
Kind regards
Uffex

Jerridrice

Hi, On the TB260 I had a problem today. I fired it up, lowered the lever to start digging and nothing happened. No response from the the joysticks or travel levers.

I wiggled the lever control lock to see if that switch was going bad.. The strange part is when I start it up, the display is not showing the fuel level, temp, RPM. (This is an open cab excavator). Sort of like part of the system is not being turned on.

Anyone have an idea of what I should check tomorrow? Thanks!
Did you ever find the problem? I’m having the exact same problem with one exact code and another similar code!

csthompson12

No, it's at the dealer now, I'll post what they find out. I had it tracked down to a module/controller, but wasn't sure.

csthompson12

Turned out to be the module located under the seat.. it was about 2000$ to have the dealer diagnose and put it in.
On the module there are a few little led’s that blink, I do not think mine were lighting up on the bad one, but on the new one they are.

csthompson12

How Many Hours on Your TB260. Was looking at one for the future, and just wondering.
Thanks Simon C
About 2,100.. Sometimes I use it infrequently, especially over the winter. I had to jump the battery every now and then. I wonder if this contributed, but I'm not sure.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
A voltage spike could possibly take out a module, welding with improper ground is also a culprit. Hard thing to determine. Thanks for response. How do you like the TB260. Do you find it decent for power, and smooth.
Simon C