• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi tl140 skid steer

Kevin68

Dear bee I see you problem if you have a battery load tester hook it to the cables on battery try to start if it falls out then you might have just bad connection then go to starter do again if it fells out hook up jumper cables to start post on battery and starter and ground engine if it cranks up one of the two is bad dis connect one at a time neg or pos this will tell you if the cable I s bad let me know if this helps

Kevin68

Thanks for the manuals shop not helpful but parts manual page 86 Katie bar the doors I will get this fixed

Chris Lewis

Can someone send the tl140 wiring diagram page lll-45 mine got covered in grease today
Trying to figure out why I keep blowing lever fuse, when it blows I replace it and blows again anywhere from 1-10 minutes
Lewisnforney@gmail.com

Chris Lewis

So I’m still blowing fuses the hotter it is outside the more I seem to blow, could a bad resistor cause this problem, once it cools off for a little while it will work for a little while
If you replace the fuse right away it will blow it as soon as you turn the key
Could I swap the resistor for the one way resistor Takeuchi wants $225 for the resistor assy they only sell it as a unit of all three

jimpad

have you check the wire bundle by the muffler where the cab hinges? Mine was worn through there.

heymccall

Have you checked the lever lock solenoid itself? Does it get hot?
It's one of these two. The other is rabbit/ turtle travel.
Screenshot_20230117-202413_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20230117-202524_Drive.jpg
I'm pretty sure that it's the bottom circled one (the standoff one with a Tee is rabbit/ turtle.)

Chris Lewis

So my problem got worse today, turn key blows lever lock fuse, I thinking I have a wire shorted of I unplug relays lever lock solenoid, turn key blows fuse there is 2 green and white wires that run from the front to the back of machine but I can’t find where ( 1 goes to the proximity switch)
Should the gw wire be grounded and should the rb be grounded