• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL140 Turns over but won't fire up

Michael Kast

Occupation
finish carpenter
"If u don’t get fuel outta the steel lines AT THE INJECTORS.. u have pump problems."

I am getting fuel from 3 out of 4. The one closest to the back of the machine is not getting fuel. I took off the line and blew it out. It seemed clear enough. There is not a consistent flow from the 3 that are getting fuel. It was pulsing maybe twice a second. Have I found the problem or have I only found the next symptom down the line?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
U have to make sure u have fuel going INTO the pump..
If u have fuel going into the pump and very little out..
without being there and doing the test myself, I’d say it’s the pump that’s the problem..
as long as u have fuel at the inlet and the shut off solenoid is working.

Michael Kast

Occupation
finish carpenter
without being there and doing the test myself, I’d say it’s the pump that’s the problem..
right right right! the fuel solenoid! I lost my manuals in my dead computer. Can you tell me where it is located? And how do I test? I will go see what the fuel into the injector pump looks like. Thank you A million times. Did you ask for a picture or the lift pump?

Michael Kast

Occupation
finish carpenter
I cant bring the machine to you but I can send you the pump if it rebuild-able. I pulled the fuel filter and dumped the contents into a glass jar. It was very clean but it was half water. That cant be good! I strapped a jar under the connection to the filter and turned the key so the lift pump turns on. The jar filled was overflowing before I had a chance to respond. Is that a good enough test to see if there is fuel to the pump? Do the injectors get a steady flow or a pulse? The pulse was seemingly consistent. Regardless, That 4th one was dry.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
U gotta pump problem my friend..
If u pull the steel lines off the pump and try to start it, the pulse of fuel coming outta the pump should be shooting 3-4ft in the air..
Yes, I can rebuild it.. I keep the parts in stock, as a matter of fact..
That means a quick turnaround so u can get back to work ..