• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL26 No Control Function

wbr151

I am new to the forum and just purchased a Takeuchi TL26-2 hours 1543 Serial # 2620669 for $2500. Don't know the year. It's been sitting for a year, not running. Yesterday i went over and put in new battery, added 7 gallons of hydraulic fluid, 5 gallon of fresh diesel. I got it running but i don't have any hydraulic function at the joystick controls. if i press the foot control it will kill the engine. the wiring is a mess, the lap bar switch was discounted. I need help.

wbr151

It's not listed in the parts manual. The soleniod is the interlock for the controls. That's why i didn't have any funtion, the plunger was rusted and stuck, I took the soleniod off, tested it, no ohms, I end up shimming the plunger to get the the hydraulic funcitions so i could get move the unit to load it.

wbr151

Heymccall, it's mounted to detail C, Sub control valve. I couldn't find anything on it. Do you know any company the sells use parts?

heymccall

Called Takeuchi. They confirmed that it's no longer available, and that their vendor no longer makes it. And, no supercession info, either.

wbr151

I got the same answer form another dealer. Thanks for checking. I'll have to go hunt down a use one. I just need the coil pack that threads into the valve housing.

workmore100

It's not listed in the parts manual. The soleniod is the interlock for the controls. That's why i didn't have any funtion, the plunger was rusted and stuck, I took the soleniod off, tested it, no ohms, I end up shimming the plunger to get the the hydraulic funcitions so i could get move the unit to load it.
How did you shim it? I'm have the same problem.

workmore100

I unscrewed the soleniod. The little spring is broken and it had a few smaller pieces like a real small washer that was laying in the rubber button that's on the end. But my tractor came to a complete stop with the bucket in the air. Lost all functions. But I notice one thing when I crank the tractor up and open one of the hydraulic lines no fluid comes out. Plus that was the only way I could get the bucket down.
It seems like I have checked everything. But I'm missing something.