• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi vs John Deere

dirthog28

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or compared a Takeuchi TL130/230 against a Deere Ct322/323D. I'm currently running a Bobcat 773GT and do a lot of work in existing residential yards, additions, dirt spreading, cutting swales, concrete demo, moving material around, excavating crawlspaces, clearing trees, loading dumptrucks from 1 ton to Tri-axle. I push my machine to its limits and do just about anything with it. I'd like to stay with a 6' wide or smaller machine but still perform and push like a large frame CTL. I like to specs and performance of the Takeuchi TL130 and its seems like a well build machine. I've always liked the John Deere skids but I'm not 100% sure about their undercarriage. I've run larger Takeuchi and Deere but not the smaller ones does anyone have any experience with this two smaller machines of how well they perform.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
your going to be hard pressed to find a machine that can push or lift as heavy as the TL130 (in the same class), rock solid machine with good resale and resonable parts and well supported with aftermarket parts for tracks and rollers , drive sprockets ect.

Drc

We have a TL 130 excellent machine, very powerfull pusher, handles over width bucket

MXZ

The Deere U/C is very well built and wears very well. Know several guys w/ 2000 + hrs and no U/C repairs. Great pushing and lifting machines. I have a lot of hours in CT322's and they are very good performers for their size. Have run the new 323D's, but not enough to really give much performance insight. Nice cab and features though.

dirthog28

Deereman somewhere I read that the dealers were seeing alot more CT322 with final drive problems compared to the 332, I guess they weren't build as heavy as the 332 or different maker, I don't remember. I know one concrete guy around here they had problems with his machine and they finally traded him for a new one, I don't recall what was wrong with it. I like the TL130 I guess I just want to know if it will walk the dog compared to my current Bobcat 773/S185.

Deereman

Dirthog, I've only seen/heard of 2 ct322 and one 332 having FD problems. One was customer fault and the other one just crapped out. As far as the rest of the undercarriage, its built like the crawler dozers. Triple flange rollers and all steel idlers and rollers.

dirthog28

Hey Deereman just so happens a guy I know at his work the other day said they had a Deere CT332 with 500hrs and the final drive crapped out he said. I thought it was kind of ironic that we were just discussing this issue, Takeuchi looks better and better.

Deereman

Since your somewhat close to dubuque, Iowa you need to make a trip up there and see how the skids are made.. But as far as this being a wildly problem for deere having these final drives go out is far from it. Yes one in a 100000 machines one is likely to tear up from something when it was put together. Thats why there is a warranty program. 85-90% of the time its operator tightening the track way to tight or the final drive has not been properly service.. But if you can find a good deal on a Tak, I would go for it. They are not a bad machine. If you look at a deere just make sure you run it through a deere dealer and make sure all the pips and mods have been done by the dealer on the win system. Can make a difference in how one runs!! Good luck with the find!!