• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Talbert 450 tonner.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
I took these shots while at Shaughnessy & Ahern Co., Inc. in So. Boston, Mass. a month ago, but just got these pics back.

This thing has 12 axles, all steerable except for ones in the center, fully self contained hydraulic system for turning, as it can be set up to spin around in it's own footprint. Pretty awesome piece.

Attachments

• 450tonner1.jpg
    450tonner1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 879
  • 450tonner2.jpg
    450tonner2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 875

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF JCoates! :drinkup

PSDF350

Was at Pete's tire barn in orange MA last week and there was a ad poster on the wall with a truck with 19 axles. All I can say is :eek: .

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Was at Pete's tire barn in orange MA last week and there was a ad poster on the wall with a truck with 19 axles. All I can say is :eek: .

Betcha Pete's Tire Barn would love to have them as an account!

I just noticed your location in NH, close to Winchester. I used to have a gasoline station delivery in your town on 119 & 32 on the corner. Nice lil' country store that made decent vittles, too. It used to be a split drop between there and J&G Gulf at the jct.'s of 119 & 10 in Winchester. Small world.

I also used to use Porter's Diesel Service whenever I got lazy, or the weather turned bad. Got a buddy in Winchester on Old Scotland Rd., too.