• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tampering with emissions

Old Doug

On the news a guy in Springfield Mo got 2 years and a $255,000 fine. I wonder why they picked on him must have made someone mad?

IceHole

"massive amounts of cancer-causing toxins"

They make it sound like the dude was burning nuclear waste vs taking off power, economy, and reliability robbing junk.

Wonder how he got under the radar. Pissed off ex-employee narced?

TCat

"massive amounts of cancer-causing toxins"

They make it sound like the dude was burning nuclear waste vs taking off power, economy, and reliability robbing junk.

Wonder how he got under the radar. Pissed off ex-employee narced?
Show me the man and I'll show you the crime.

Truck Shop

Years back the construction outfit I worked for removing old fuel tanks was 50% of their work.
This is going to be rather costly.

IceHole

Years back the construction outfit I worked for removing old fuel tanks was 50% of their work.
This is going to be rather costly.
One of the stations down the road a ways was shut down almost 2 years after the powers that be caught them with a disabled leak detection system. It had been going off for a while so they unhooked it to shut it up.

skyking1

I cleaned up some tank sites as part of the early deployment of light rail through Rainier Valley in Seattle.
Part of the deal was locating and removing old tanks on Rainier Ave, and doing any remediation. We chased gas and oil, and I had one hole open on the edge of the Ave that they had me quit on before I undermined the roadway. The tests were still coming up dirty and the answer would have been to shut down the road and then start plowing through all those pesky utilities like water, sewer, gas, fiber and phone.
It had cleaned up quite a bit though when they pulled the plug on us.
That hole was right underneath where the vegetable bin sits now.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WKW3Ua4Xm3NGu4ga7

Truck Shop

It had cleaned up quite a bit though when they pulled the plug on us.
Exit 101 Thorp, old Burns Bros truck stop. The whole was 40' deep covered the entire property.
The contaminates oozed out constantly, had pumps going to keep ground water out, the film on
the water was real bad, so bad it mysteriously caught fire one night. The F.D. let it burn it's self
out.