• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TB145 hydraulic pump/rexroth/uchida

Seans problems

Hi everyone,

I have a TB145 S/N:14517385.

The pump is very sluggish and sounds like its fighting itself on any movement, whether its tracking, swinging or digging.
The strainer has been cleaned and the system has been flushed, I'm guessing I need a new pump.

I cant find one anywhere beside "Friday Parts" or "alibaba". Does anyone here know of anyone that will rebuild it or where I can find a new one?
The pump model is: AP2D25LV1RS7-929-4.
The pump shops near me don't want to touch it because of parts availability, has anyone ordered from those sites before?

Thank you in advance.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If you time the cylinders and check the pressures, it will tell you if the pump is worn. Disappointing to replace with no improvement.
Kind regards
Uffex

Seans problems

Good day
If you time the cylinders and check the pressures, it will tell you if the pump is worn. Disappointing to replace with no improvement.
Kind regards
Uffex
Thanks, I can time it by the manual and report back. I went off hooking up gauges to the pump itself and the pressure dropping intermittently from 3000Psi to around 2000Psi.
I cant even find a manual for it.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached may be of help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• TB145.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

Entropy1

I have a TB-035 (older version of your machine). It has a dual variable displacement pump for the main drive & controls, with a small gear pump mounted on the end of the variable pump - which powers just the swing-motor & blade.

My gear pump was worn (slow slew & blade movement, with noticable lack of power on these circuits). I checked the pressure on the gear pump and was only getting about 1000 psi. I was able to purchase just the gear pump for about 900 bucks, or I could purchase the whole pump assembly (gear + variable pump) for around 3600 bucks. Parts are out there. Yes, they'll originate from overseas. Don't be afraid to contact foreign vendors and purchase direct via wire transfer (cutting out the middle man). If I had done this, I probably could've cut the purchase price in half (or more).

For example: here's your pump for $1,296

Entropy1

When you say you checked the strainer, you do mean the suction strainer inside the hydraulic tank? And not the spin-on filter? (you need to check both). High suction on a variable displacement hydraulic pump will chew it up.

There's a troubleshooting procedure to swap around relief valves within the main valve body - to confirm (or eliminate) the relief valve as being faulty. It's much easier than tapping into the system with a pressure gauge (which comes next in the troubleshooting procedure).

On that note - Takeuchi uses BSPP hydraulic fittings (British Standard Pipe Parallel). Not compatible with JIC, NPT, or Komatsu. Helpful tip - Surplus Center dot com has a decent selection of BSPP hydraulic adapters which you will probably want to purchase a small assortment of for troubleshooting. Get yourself a 4 foot 1/4" JIC hydraulic hose, a 3000 psig gauge, and also purchase various size JIC to BSPP male/female adapters. Troubleshooting your Takeuchi excavator will go much more smoothly when you have the correct test-fittings/adapters at the ready.

Seans problems

I have a TB-035 (older version of your machine). It has a dual variable displacement pump for the main drive & controls, with a small gear pump mounted on the end of the variable pump - which powers just the swing-motor & blade.

My gear pump was worn (slow slew & blade movement, with noticable lack of power on these circuits). I checked the pressure on the gear pump and was only getting about 1000 psi. I was able to purchase just the gear pump for about 900 bucks, or I could purchase the whole pump assembly (gear + variable pump) for around 3600 bucks. Parts are out there. Yes, they'll originate from overseas. Don't be afraid to contact foreign vendors and purchase direct via wire transfer (cutting out the middle man). If I had done this, I probably could've cut the purchase price in half (or more).

For example: here's your pump for $1,296
Thank you, I saw this one and was wondering about quality. I will definitely call them and see where to go from there.

Seans problems

When you say you checked the strainer, you do mean the suction strainer inside the hydraulic tank? And not the spin-on filter? (you need to check both). High suction on a variable displacement hydraulic pump will chew it up.

There's a troubleshooting procedure to swap around relief valves within the main valve body - to confirm (or eliminate) the relief valve as being faulty. It's much easier than tapping into the system with a pressure gauge (which comes next in the troubleshooting procedure).

On that note - Takeuchi uses BSPP hydraulic fittings (British Standard Pipe Parallel). Not compatible with JIC, NPT, or Komatsu. Helpful tip - Surplus Center dot com has a decent selection of BSPP hydraulic adapters which you will probably want to purchase a small assortment of for troubleshooting. Get yourself a 4 foot 1/4" JIC hydraulic hose, a 3000 psig gauge, and also purchase various size JIC to BSPP male/female adapters. Troubleshooting your Takeuchi excavator will go much more smoothly when you have the correct test-fittings/adapters at the ready.
I checked the strainer, I was not aware there is a spin on cartridge. I'll go back in the manual to see where its at. Thank you.
I have a good amount of bsp and jic stuff because of all the takeuchis we have.

Entropy1

It says it's a Rexroth pump. Rexroth is a large company offering a wide-selection of hydraulic pumps.

Rexroth's Corporate Headquarters is in Oklahoma City. Is that where their foundry & factory are? Who knows? Piece-parts are made all over the world these days. For all we know the factory is in China, and the US office is in Oklahoma. One thing is certain, they appear to have the pump you're looking for.

Entropy1

My TB-035 has a spin-on (rather large) behind the right counterweight (backside of radiator). I can't imagine they'd delete the spin-on return-filter between the TB-035 and TB-135 versions.

Entropy1

Just looked it up - the TB-135 does in fact have a large in-tank canister-filter (big coil spring under the tank's round-cover).

The TB-035 (previous generation machine) has a spin-on return filter (with high DP bypass valve), and a small wire-mesh in-tank suction strainer.

Sorry for the confusion.

Seans problems

My TB-035 has a spin-on (rather large) behind the right counterweight (backside of radiator). I can't imagine they'd delete the spin-on return-filter between the TB-035 and TB-135 versions.
Rexroth is huge but, our pumps are re-branded "uchida" pumps that they bought out and then shut the doors after the sale. I guess finding stuff for the 25 series and 18 series has been an issue for a lot of people.

If these 145s have a spin on cartridge I might be blind, I've been all over this thing for hoses, electrical and everything else. The only thing I know of is the coiled filter on the tank itself.

Don't take this as me disregarding your info, I appreciate all the help I get on here.

Seans problems

Just looked it up - the TB-135 does in fact have a large in-tank canister-filter (big coil spring under the tank's round-cover).

The TB-035 (previous generation machine) has a spin-on return filter (with high DP bypass valve), and a small wire-mesh in-tank suction strainer.

Sorry for the confusion.
Our timing is pretty close.

Entropy1

The original Takeuchi pump is Japanese made. China makes replacement pumps, and maybe Korea also. I think even india has entered the market for making re-pop hydraulic pump/parts. How to tell which parts came from where, and which parts are better - I have no idea.

I do know this, your Japanese made pump is currently failing you (it failed on mine also). Should you buy only a genuine Takeuchi pump? Who knows? I can't advocate for one brand over another. With foreign made machines, you're kind of at the mercy of overseas parts-vendors - regardless of whom you purchase from.

Seans problems

I was just asking if anyone had bought anything and if the places were reliable. I'll post after the order goes through and the pump is installed.
Thanks again.