• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tech Question D5G XL

Jfarris

My Dozer had been sitting for about 4 months. I started it up and the transmission light is going off on the dash and it's being limited on track speed. When I push the button to increase track speed it'll only go to about 1.5 and no further. Same in reverse. Anyone have any ideas? Hydraulic filter has been changed already. I would rather be able to fix it myself and not take it to my Cat dealer, but transmissions & electrical are out of my league.
Serial # 0FDH01185

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
My Dozer had been sitting for about 4 months. I started it up and the transmission light is going off on the dash .............

You mean the fault light for the Hystat is on, correct..?

If so you must have an Active Diagnostic Code somewhere. I realise you're not an expert electrician but would you be comfortable with jumpering 2 electrical terminals with a short length of automotive wire to get into the Diagnostic Codes..? It really is that simple. Once you have figured out what Code(s) are active there are Troubleshooting Procedures available for every one of them.