• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Temperature switch

Tyler d4c

Does any of you fine fellows know where to find a 1/8-28 water temp switch at. It is used for a murphy shut down system. I'd imagine it should switch at 210 or so degrees. Thanks.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
They make those adapters in steel as well. You could likely have room to drill the hole in the adapter a bit larger to accommodate the probe. Of course that would make the thread wall a bit thinner, that's where a steel fitting would be better in that case, but you're looking at low pressure in either case as most cooling systems are only 7 to what, 15 psi max. Both brass or steel could handle that, but steel would be stronger in tightening the pipe threads than brass with the thinner wall after being drilled.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
My only concern would be probe insertion depth. I don't know if you would get an accurate rating if at least 2/3 of the probe is not immersed in the coolant. It would depend on the standoff distance the adapter presents. It could work fine also.

Tyler d4c

The one from Amazon doesn't work it still has enough power flowing while cold to trigger the murphy system when cold I think I may have to make it operate a relay to trigger the light