• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex Artic haul trucks

rino1494

We just bought a 2766C. We got it at a good price. There are some small repairs that we need to do to get it to our standards. For those that have them or run them, how do you like them and anything that I should look out for ??

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I don't have any experience with those but would like to see some pics when you get a chance. :yup

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
We just bought a 2766C. We got it at a good price. There are some small repairs that we need to do to get it to our standards. For those that have them or run them, how do you like them and anything that I should look out for ??

Jason,I am curious whether or not you bought a D5 or not after that long reply I sent you in response to your private message a few weeks ago.
Apparently you didn't get it as I can't seem to get a reply from you.Ron G

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
can you posted a picture, my brother in-law just got rid of his because of a $6500.00 little shaft in the trans that kept breaking on him. the trans was the down fall of the rock truck.

thansk

rino1494

We hope to get in on Monday. We wired the money on Friday and can't get the truck until everything is final. We are dealing with lawyers b/c it belonged to a guy who died. So his estate is being sold by the lawyers. I'll try and get a pic.

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
ok checked my notes and the brother in-laws rock truck is a 1992 3066 6x6 rock truck.art number 15266934 cover (which is a shaft with a cover for $6500.00) it had a cummins engine and everything was excellent except the trans. it was an odd ball one.

thansk

JBL

The 2566 we ran had an air cooled duetz engine in it. I don't know how many hours the thing actually had on it but the engine blew after a few months of buying it. That was about the only problem we had with truck besides your common things like hoses, tires etc....

rino1494

Ours is a 96' with a LT-10 Cummins. One of our competitors has a couple of them and runs them hard with no major problems.

Wulf

can you posted a picture, my brother in-law just got rid of his because of a $6500.00 little shaft in the trans that kept breaking on him. the trans was the down fall of the rock truck.

thansk

Are they ZF transmissions in these trucks guys?

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
ZF makes a nice tranny. I know a few people who have Terex rock trucks and as far as I know they haven't had any problems with them.

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
will ask the brother in-law what trans was in his rock truck that caused so much problem. he is building a winter road right now so when he phones in on the satilite phone, i'll ask.

thansk