• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex/Doosan excavators

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
Just wondering if anyone had some opinions on these machines ( 2007 and newer) I have only operated a Terex Hr 42 (8 tonne ) excavator and it wasnt too bad. Looking at possibly purchasing a 225 size machine to replace a volvo 210. Thanks!

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
Be real careful on the year. Several years ago there was great deals on Terex machines like 30% off. Just make sure you don't over pay. I don't think they have really sold that many?

joispoi

At least over here, the filters and parts on Doosan are less expensive than Cat and Komatsu. The Doosan operators that I´ve spoken to are very happy with them. I know the parts department at the Doosan Dealership isn´t making any money on these machines, yet- they´ve been selling them since 1999.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Terex-Atlas / Doosan ?

It seems that in parts of the world the Terex excavator is a Doosan but in Europe it is based on the Atlas. The Atlas tracked exc were never a big seller it was the ducks that they are/were renowned for.
I am led to believe that a couple of years ago Terex set about a complete redesign and build of the tracked excavator range that is now TC, Terex Crawler, which I know incorporate a lot of the technology/parts sources that the TW Terex Wheeled ( Atlas) machines use.
Whether the Doosans that Terex badge in other parts of the world are TC still, I dont know.

This is a link through the UK division, have a look and see what you think.

http://www.terex.co.uk/subcategory.php?cid=2

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
I know here in Canada The Terex excavators are in fact rebagged Doosan's. (The newer models -2006 and up i believe) Does anyone have any thoughts on the Doosan machines ?

Dominion 410

Doosan

Had a good look at a DX340.Not a bad looking machine,but found the undercarriage lacking.Track pads seem thin,rollers small compared to our Cat 330DL's.I think they would be alright for lighter duty applications.Not sure on parts and service after the sale also.Hard to beat the yellow iron.

Dirty Digger

In the UK Doosan excavators (and wheel loaders for that matter) and gaining popularity. The takeover of Daewoo by Doosan in 2005 led to some significant quality improvements and the latest DX series of excavators are thought by many to be up to Japanese build standards.
From what I’ve seen and heard, they are good reliable products, but they have probably reached their limit, considering Doosan’s current manufacturing facilities. However, Doosan is in the process of building a brand new factory in Korea, so I would expect even better products in the future.

Regarding AtlasRob’s point on Terex/Atlas German-built TC excavators for European markets, these have not been a great success. No load-sensing hydraulics, coupled with high production costs, has not tempted many buyers away from Japanese and Korean built machinery.