• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TEREX HR32 7.5 TON DIGGER (2003)

Diggerless

Hello
out of suggestions, the machine sometimes starts on first turn, or after several turns or if I use jump leads/pickup. The starter motor/solenoid and the ignition/starter switch have been replaced however the same start up issues Remains. Once going works well. The battery has also been replaced. Deutz engine.
For example today no start, used jump leads and started it, ran it for a while all,ok then switched off. Several hrs later first turn of the key all go ok so It switched off and turned on/off another twice and no problems fired up ok Each time. Thanks for reading.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day & welcome
Do you have a wiring diagram?
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Can I clarify we are talking cranking or starting?
Kind regards
Uffex

Diggerless

Hello it’s on starting, the key is inserted turned to allow lights come on, orange preheat goes out, move key to next position - it either starts or we get a *click* noise. Thank you yvonne

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest start with the power lead to the starter, when cranking with a multi meter connected in DC voltage see what it drops too. 2 check the ground side of the relay seems less likely as you have clicking when you attempt to start. Please identify where the clicking is coming from - starter solenoid or relay.
Kind regards
Uffex