• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex Pegeson xa400 bad jaw bearings?

Cummins5.9

I was running my crusher yesterday started it up got in the hoe and fed about 3 buckets of concrete and the machine jaw locked up and died. We cleaned it out thinking that we had contaminats but when we cleaned it out it had no metal in it. So we ran it again and it shook really bad and looked to have aSlightly loose toggle plate but not broken.

When we were looking it over we noticed the jaw was sitting crooked in the chamber.

If you try to run the jaw it acts as though it is hitting something but there is nothing in the jaw nor is it hitting any part of the crusher

So after all that I’m either thinking a shaft issue or bearing but the bearings only have about 600 hrs since being rebuilt by the dealer

One other thing I noticed is the timing marks on the drive belt side of crusher is at 6 o clock position while the control panel side is at the 5 o clock

Does anyone know anything about these machines

gotigers

There should be timing marks on both sides that line up with the arrows on both sheaves. You'll have to take the center caps off and loosen the allen head bolts to realign the marks.