• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The little hammer that could

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
Thought I would show some pics of a U17 and the hammer breaking and making quick work of a foot thick chunk of concrete from a utility service pad, said service panel replaced with new unit at alternate location thus must clear away any unused equipment.

IMG_2527.jpg

I could have offered no more information, but I will add this: the cement was very white which indicated a lot of water was utilized in the batch. Aggregate separated from the paste as opposed to seeing broken aggregate, this shows the paste was weak.

It is a good machine and the hammer does indeed work quite well, but if this concrete was mixed with a bit less water and had some rebar, well let's just say there would be another story.
IMG_2526.jpg IMG_2530.jpg

Jbullfrog

There is a huge difference in how concrete comes apart. I remove a lot of 40 year old concrete on farmsteads that has river rock and scrap iron it. I demoed a concrete stoup that had tire chains. and cable in it. Take your time and break towards an opening. Try a reasonable distance back and if it doesn't crack, move closer to the edge.