• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This could be the start of another epic dozer thread

Zewnten

Vetech63

Guy is talking about buying a D7 that’s sat for 10 years. Owner died and son is selling it. The guy wanting to buy it lives in a HOA subdivision and his mechanical experience was having trouble with turning an OBS Ford from 2wd to 4wd with an kit and offered to physically fight anyone who disagreed with him.
Whatever you have to do...whatever it may take......whatever sacrifices you have to perform..... GET THAT GUY OVER HERE!

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Can't see the story, you have to be registered and logged in to the Garage Journal forum to read it.
He's no orphan, though, plenty of people have bitten off more than they can chew - including many HEF contributors!
Offering to physically fight people who disagree with you is a good way to make life even harder for yourself.
It shows an unwillingness to listen and take on board ideas that may save him a lot of money and effort in the long run.

ahart

I’m ready, we’re getting ready for Christmas shut down and I should have some spare time. No one here has physically requested to fight me but it would be an interesting proposition.

ahart

Based off the YouTube channel, looks to be doing it for the subscribers, likely in an effort to be monetized. It’s the real in-thing to do nowadays though I think there are plenty of things to do that hold real value in society but subscribers and views aren’t what make me happy so I’m probably not the best judge of that endeavor.

JaredV

Everyone has their motivations for saving old iron. Some, it's what Dad or Grandpa started the family business with. Some, they're looking for a challenge. Others just like old iron. And still others are doing it for YouTube content and the tougher the job, the more content they can make. If someone wants to revive something I'm interested in and wants me to come along for the ride via a screen, I'm all for it if it means keeping it away from the scrappers a little longer so there's more of it around in the future for me to mess with. If millions of people will watch other people filming themselves playing video games, reviving a worn out cat is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Last edited:

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The thing about YooToob is you only get paid something if your video viewer clicks on a YooToob ad. And that "something" isn't exactly a fortune, it's like $50 for 10K views.

Now, only a weird bunch of silly old galoots who would rather look at a calendar with tractors on it, instead of naked girls on it, watches tractor "save" videos.

So he's going to be working hard to make his first million out of YooToob with "tractor save" videos.

If you want to make a million out of YooToob, you're better off producing videos of the other kind of cats, the fur-covered ones.