• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This is for folks that hate dozers

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It's a carbody for a crane. We would probably need to see something of the house to be able to identify anything.

MotoMatt

Couple more pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 97

MotoMatt

I saw in one of Contract Loggers old posts that it was a BE 30B, although a google image search of those brought up different looking machines. What's unique about the one up on the Mountain is the undercarriage beam appears be a casting and has a curved indentation at the top middle with an arrow cast into it. Been searching google images but haven't seen anything like it yet.

skyking1

I was in Yakima when it blew. We had no idea, and my mother and I went up to the other farm to do some irrigation work that morning. I saw this black ugly storm cloud heading our way, and we hurried back home. it was the strangest thing, you know when you see the very light snow swirling behind passing cars?
We could see that on the way home, but not the ash itself. Just those swirls.
The ash started to fall in earnest about 9:30, and the sun glowed red to the east, and then just went away. It made a noise on the metal roof of the patio, and all sorts of little sparrows landed in there. They were totally confused and you could just pick them up.
About 4:30 the sun burned through again, red. and then it got dark again.
I had a 1974 Cornbinder 1700 flatbed dump, and spent the next three weeks hauling ash for the city of Selah. It got really hot the weeks after, and I got burnt on the left arm and side of my face from having the window down and arm out. Even though I changed filters a couple of times, the old 392 split a piston. We guess it was from ash infiltration.

dozer777

Occupation
operateur de bulldozer
je l/ai vendu et j/achete plus neuve les chantiers a montreal il faut allez vite machine resante 2015et plus je regarde 750mlg case ou john deere 700jlgp 2012 et plus under 700 hours