• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This Noobie Purchased a Case 580 - woops!

ejbeaty

Not worth it for you to have your own hose machine. You can always get a few various length and size hoses and handful of fittings to get you back home. For older machines, when replacing one hose, I'll usually do them in pairs, like if one loader cylinder hose blows, replace it and go ahead and get the other side too. After a while, you'll have some spare hoses that aren't new, but will still get you out of a bind.
This is a great idea and exactly
My style, thank you

mitch504

I just bought a 580d extenda hoe couple weeks ago. not use to this monster as the others i had were a lot smaller. i have downloaded all the manuals. only leak i found was the left swing ram was leaking a lot I've replaced them so as of now i have no leaks. my left brakes need replaced. haven't started on it. still trying to find the power steering unit so i can check the oil. sounds to me that your happy with your purchase and that is a large plus for you. glad to her you can work on it. around my neck of the woods its impossible to find anyone to help. my brother back in 73 showed up with the car he just bought. we went out to look at it and he told me what he paid for it and asked me if i thought it was a good deal and i asked him if he was happy with his new car and he said yes then i told him he had a great deal. sounds like your happy so you got a great deal. this is a very good site for help. just remember that haste makes waste. if you buy through case it will be very costly. there are alot of aftermarket pieces out there so do your homework when you buy things for it. always keep your tractors serial number close. congrads on your purchase.
580D powersteering works off the main hydraulics