• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This was in the service yard of my local Deere dealer.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Deere seems to be kind of funny about that repair stuff. Most of the field wrenches though are happy to show you the guts of the diagnostic stuff.
At risk of derailing the thread, my new to me backhoe is back from the "Authorized Case Servicing Dealer" Until very recently they were a sales & service dealer.
It had been in alarm mode for several issues.
Fuel gauge drops out when the tractor is sharply pitched on steep ground.
Water sensor at fuel filter seems bad.
It was giving several transmission related codes, and wouldn't go into first gear.

Dealer solved the transmission problems with a reprogram of the computer, ordered parts for the water sensor, and fuel gauge sender two weeks ago, they haven't arrived.

We picked it up (80 miles each way trip). Before loading it, drove it around a minute or two, sure enough, it flashed two new trouble codes. The road mechanic was there, he came out to the parking lot with his laptop, cleared them.

It's my belief that computer controlled machines are NOT for buyers of used machines. As they age, the people able to fix them will fade into non existence.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Just saw it in another thread. When new there were 10 guys in the country that knew how to fix it. After retirements and moving on to other jobs there might be 2 left in a few years. It is by design.