• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This would be a cool machine, got a spare $200,000 AUD for me?

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
I went to Civinex in Sydney Australia last week. It's basically a trade show with lots of heavy equipment. Had a great time and had a go on one of these Haulotte Multijob's as pictured below. With more power at both ends than a regular backhoe and 360 degree excavator rotation I can think of a lot of jobs it would be great to use it on.

I have seen it on the Internet previously and thought it may have been a bit weak, you know, built by the French and all that. But close up it's a well engineered machine and strongly built. With a decent sized motor and easy access to all service points it would be a relatively good machine to maintain and service. It has plenty of auxiliary hydraulic connectors at both ends plus good flow for the quick attach implements.

Although I only had a few minutes of seat time just waving around the hoe the feel was smooth and the controls were comfortable though not the pattern I was used to. There is some more about how it works on this youtube clip YouTube - Haulotte MJX english version

Anyone else ever used one or seen one working? I think they have mainly been sold in Europe and this is the first shipment to Australia.
Yeah I want one, it's a real mans toy and I love my toys:D

Also at Civinex was a Takeuchi TL150 as also pictured below. So what? Well this was a HiFlow model with steel tracks. Make a nice little dozer alternative. Wouldn't mind one of these to go with the Haulotte Multijob.

Have fun, AusDave

Attachments

• HAULOTTE_IMG_6456.jpg
    HAULOTTE_IMG_6456.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,751
  • TL150HF_IMG_6451.jpg
    TL150HF_IMG_6451.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,527

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is Takeuchi offering a steel track undercarriage factory installed or was this a third party vendor?

BigfootBushy

Occupation
Plant Operator
That Multijob looks a handy machine for an owner operator. Are the controls electric or pilot over hydraulic? Seems like it would be fairly stabile with the loader mounted so low in the frame.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Is Takeuchi offering a steel track undercarriage factory installed or was this a third party vendor?

From what I was told by the Australian Takeuchi sales guy, they imported this steel track model from the USA for show & demo. It's not the current model and has HiFlow which wasn't common. I'd say it was a bit of a test model to see what interest there might be.

Maybe they should bring it out and test the market for real and see who buys it.

AusDave

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Haulotte

That Multijob looks a handy machine for an owner operator. Are the controls electric or pilot over hydraulic? Seems like it would be fairly stabile with the loader mounted so low in the frame.

I'd say it would be ideal for an owner operator. You could do so much with one machine especially with a range of attachments. It has good road speed so you could road it like a backhoe and save haulage.

When I had a go I asked the sales guy whether it was electric over hydraulic or pilot but he didn't know. He could barely operate the machine:rolleyes:
Love to have a go at a field day where you could test it in real dirt. The small time I spent operating it, the controls felt very smooth and the knuckle boom meant you could really work the excavator bucket in a wide range of positions including very narrow spaces.
Stability felt good not only because the loader bucket was low, but also because of the heavy frame. Apparently you don't need to use the outriggers much as the excavator works with a lot of stability just on the wheels.

If you buy one we could find out a lot more...:)

AusDave

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Very interesting Dave keep us informed please.

Hendrik

Just got to win the lotto and my orders as good as in.:D
Don't think it is so much a matter of winning the lotto but more like having the work to make it pay.
You gotta compare it to a traditional backhoe, both in terms of cost and productivity. I would think that this beast costs a fair bit more than a comparable backhoe but if it makes you more productive and enables you to get more done then it will offset the extra cost.

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
Wow pretty cool. Adds new meaning to the phrase "jack of all trades".
Any ideas what it weighs? Looks heavy.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Haulotte Multijob

I forgot about this thread until I saw it in a google search. Amazingly I ended up buying one of these with 60 hours on the meter for much less than the original asking price. Careful what you wish for, you may end up with it :D

It's even better than I thought in terms of versatility and I have been doing quite a few jobs with it as per pics below. It's also very smooth & powerful to operate and being road registerable I can drive it over reasonable distances to jobs at 20-30 kmh.

AusDave

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Wow pretty cool. Adds new meaning to the phrase "jack of all trades".
Any ideas what it weighs? Looks heavy.

About 11 tons. You can see the weight when driving through soft material but it stays planted when using the excavator end.

AusDave

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed

The controls are hydraulic pilot controls and are very smooth. The hydraulics are Rexroth and Vickers and look to be top quality. Had to swap over a few pilot lines to get the excavator pattern the way I like it.

AusDave

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
keep posting more job's and pictures of it a man can never have to many toys ... er tools yeah that's it tool's :thumbsup

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That's a very interesting machine. Back in my home building days that machine would've fit the bill for a lot of tasks.

Keep us posted on how it's doing.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Congratulations !!
It looks extremely handy. Is it still made ? Other than a spec sheet, the manufacturer shows no info or pictures.
I learned more about it looking at a Spanish language scale model on ebay than anywhere else…..

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Yes, it's as handy as it looks. It is still made from what I can gather, but mainly for special purposes like the military. There's a good youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_9HnnAUIE which shows off a lot of the features.

I think the problem of why it's not sold much is because it was expensive compared to a standard backhoe loader, as well as being a different style of machine from a lesser known manufacturer. It's a shame really because when you've used it for a while you can't imagine how you could do a lot of jobs without one. It really would require two machines to replace its capabilities and they both would have to be in the 8-12 ton class.

Although I was keen on one of these from way back, when the opportunity came up I was cautious because it was an unknown quantity from a not very well known manufacturer. However when I inspected it, I believed it would work well and do so for a long time. The hydraulics were top tier name brands, the construction of the chassis and other metal components was heavy duty and the Deutz diesel engine wasn't a computerised common rail design but a standard injection pump type system with a cable throttle control. Basically it was stuff I could work on and fix if necessary and a lot of parts could be sourced from places other than the original manufacturer.

It's also proven to be quite economical and a nice place to spend the day in :D I'm beginning to get work for it based on its unique capabilities and it's caused quite a few heavy equipment addicts to swivel their heads and come over for a chat and take a closer look.

AusDave

AussieChris

Hello AusDave.

You certainly have an eye for unusual or innovative machinery. Do you still have the JCB 1CX? I remember back when you were asking questions about the little JCB and then bought one and now you're the leading authority on them. You might laugh but you know a lot more about them than my local JCB dealer. I'm in the market for a used 1CX to replace my full sized backhoe which is too big for working amongst the trees on my property.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm predicting you'll soon be the country's expert on the Haulotte.

Regards,
Chris
Brisbane Australia.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hello AusDave.

You certainly have an eye for unusual or innovative machinery. Do you still have the JCB 1CX? I remember back when you were asking questions about the little JCB and then bought one and now you're the leading authority on them. You might laugh but you know a lot more about them than my local JCB dealer. I'm in the market for a used 1CX to replace my full sized backhoe which is too big for working amongst the trees on my property.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm predicting you'll soon be the country's expert on the Haulotte.

Regards,
Chris
Brisbane Australia.

Hi Chris.

Yes on the JCB 1CX. I now have two of them :eek: They must breed in the shed! Good luck with a search for your own 1CX. Let us know how you get on.
IMG_0719-2.jpgIMG_0839-2.jpg

I do have an interest in versatile machines and I suppose the Haulotte is an innovative machine. It's kind of hard to describe it as a backhoe to the average person as it's so much more than that. The biggest problem I could see in the future is how to replace it with something equivalent or better if it's no longer made. The Haulotte Multijob is the type of machine that really makes sense when you have used it and seen what it is capable of. I've now got a Kinshofer rotating sorting grab for it which makes it even more useful.
P1160619.jpg

You can see a video of it in action here https://youtu.be/WPSM7jgmZ6c

Don't worry about the hijacking Chris, it's good to see some Aussie responses on the forum :)

Regards AusDave