• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ticketed for too many straps

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
NOt yet but talked to another driver the other day seems that the city of Longview has started their own DOT force and the rookie cops want to see the washer work he told me . I am screwed on that one as my 89 Pete the bottle is there but he nozzles have long been gone previous owner even siliconed hole in cab below windshield . Driver also said that the cop told him that for every fuse in fuse panel you had to Have 5 replacement fuses for each fuse in fuse panel I aint never heared of haow many you had to have . I always have at least 5 to 10 or 2 boxes . I t is nothing to do with safety it is called money .
Funny part of having extras is some company's do not want the driver working on the truck.So why have these if you can not install them.As far as I know a driver that belongs to the Teamsters Union can not do any work on the truck.

Haulier

Occupation
Project Manager
Never heard of such thing, I'm not well aware of the US laws but here in UK you would never get a ticket for to many straps on your load.