• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Time for new tracks need advice!

Cat311b

Okay I've decided it's time to bite the bullet! I'm looking to replace my chains, sprockets and bolts! Hoping to reuse my wide pads! My questions are who has the best quality aftermarket ? I have heard mention of v track! Also would a machine with a blade have the same tooth sprocket as a machine without? Any idea what I could expect to pay? My machine is a cat 311b with 41 pads and 21 tooth sprockets! Thanks..

mine_mechanic

Occupation
heavy diesel mechanic
a machine with a blade has the same track gear with one without a blade. Berco make good aftermarket track gear , made in Italy.

excavatorware

Okay I've decided it's time to bite the bullet! I'm looking to replace my chains, sprockets and bolts! Hoping to reuse my wide pads! My questions are who has the best quality aftermarket ? I have heard mention of v track! Also would a machine with a blade have the same tooth sprocket as a machine without? Any idea what I could expect to pay? My machine is a cat 311b with 41 pads and 21 tooth sprockets! Thanks..

Try Toronto Trac Parts-they ship into the USA
1 877 270 3939

Knowledgeable, straightforward, well priced

I have always had good luck with them (5 times/mo on average)

Cat311b

Thanks for the replies! Ended up getting the v- tracks. They should be here tomorrow! Any good advise on installation? Sounds pretty straight forward.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Clean all the paint off any mating parts...tops of chains, bottom of pads. Lightly anti-sieze your track bolts, Check for any wear or play in track frames, rollers, etc...best time to replace is when tracks are off. I'm sure there are some more things to do as well.
Trbo