• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL 150 engine (yanmar 4TNV106T-XTBL)

Will it swap right out?

• You're golden pony boy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're not so golden pony boy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seans problems

Hi everyone, I have a TL150 with the yanmar 4TNV106T-XTBL engine in it.
It dropped a valve and blew up the head and I pulled the block to have it sleeved because of some scoring and there was a crack on the cylinder wall, it's bad enough that sleeving probably won't help it.

I found another yanmar engine that might work but it looks like this one was for a generator or something. It is a 4TNV106T-GGEA. Does that change anything besides the bellhousing? This one is about $4,000 cheaper and that would help quite a bit.

Thanks for the help.

Seans problems

Some generator engines come with a fixed speed precision governor, might want to check that. If so will be 1800, 2400, etc., some multiple of 60.
Thank you, I will try to find out through yanmar what the ratings are. The dealers around here are so/so.