• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tool chests

Truck Shop

Top box 1975 Mac, Bottom box 1988 Cornwell Brute, Side box 1987 Matco, Side box 1994 Snap On. Road Box is a five gallon plastic bucket.
But I use a cart in the shop, boxes are just for storage and a place to hang my collection of vintage truck and trailer badges. I only wipe'em down now and then when people see that they leave them alone.
Damn near everything needed is piled on the cart one way or another.

005.JPG

Last edited:

Tyler d4c

Watch Craigslist and Facebook market place for a used snapon or Mac deals are to be found. Its nearing the time people need money for the holidays as cruel as it may sound

Truck Shop

Watch Craigslist and Facebook market place for a used snapon or Mac deals are to be found. Its nearing the time people need money for the holidays as cruel as it may sound

It isn't, most everything is open easy to find. It fits through tight areas in the shop and is easy to move.
Damn near every tool I will need is there to do wheel ends, dash work, engine/transmission/rear drives
and radiators. I don't carry tools in my pockets it's hard on my back packing the extra weight plus if you
forget and set down something will jab you in the a$$. Tools have to be portable all in one place and
easy to move from one job to another.

Old Doug

I dont think a tool cart would work for me because i would load it till it was running over then have to unload it.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have three carts now, stick welder sits in one with all the equipment I generally use parked on bottom shelf, Tool cart is a mess currently as am cleaning up the Heated side of the shop for moving More equipment from the wide bay. Once organized again tools cart will travel between storage chest and work area. Also have a Road box I set up for trips, been a dreadful mess awhile so have cleaned on it just need to organize the tools I keep in it.

Welder Dave

It makes a difference if you have a nice concrete floor to roll a tool cart around. I couldn't afford the 20K to put a concrete floor in the pole shed. Concrete is very expensive here. It was half the cost of the building.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
I picked up at tool cube, and a tool crown on top last year. I am very happy with it so far. The "crown" has all the sockets lined up in rows for both standard and metric in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2, both shallow and deep. The wrenches all hang at the back, again both standard and metric. There are holes for screwdrivers and ratchets along with some misc spots. For me, I like to see my most used tools not have them in drawers. The cube is made up of standard roller slide drawers various sizes. There are several add-on sections available. iu.jpeg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Several shops I worked in were grouser treated, used roll around carts or tote boxes or parked my truck next to work to have tools at hand.

Mother Deuce

Top box 1975 Mac, Bottom box 1988 Cornwell Brute, Side box 1987 Matco, Side box 1994 Snap On. Road Box is a five gallon plastic bucket.
But I use a cart in the shop, boxes are just for storage and a place to hang my collection of vintage truck and trailer badges. I only wipe'em down now and then when people see that they leave them alone.
Damn near everything needed is piled on the cart one way or another.

View attachment 228740
Chili!?

MikeVG

Looks like a nice box. I didn't know Montezuma built anything but those trapezoidal ones. I have my doubts about them...

The big difference in Peavey mart and Harbor Freight seems to be that HF sells almost exclusively their own brands. Peavey looks more like Tractor Supply.
Here in Ontario, Peavey Mart is taking over the TSC stores

Welder Dave

I was looking at something TSC sold in the US and sent an e-mail to see if they could get it at a Canadian store. I was surprised that even though they use the same name and logo TSC in Canada is not affiliated with TSC in the US. Did some looking and found a wiki page on it.

Tractor Supply Company - Wikipedia

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I went a Proto from my hardware supplier for my last box. Identical to a Mac Macsimizer but with a lower price tag.

I needed something heavier then the store brands and I didn't want to pay shipping so it was either one of our Truck guys or one of our wholesale reps.