• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

tool for a service truck

shadow2

Just order a new service truck. I'm only fixing machine in our company cat 315c, 308e2, 301.4c, 304e, 299d, 908h2, bobcat, t300, s300, 875, 25 ton bws trailer, 8 ton towmaster, kw t370, 2 f550 dump truck, 2 350 service body.

Every day either a hose or oring goes. How do u know what oring and hyd caps to carry since the cost can quickly add up.

What other tool should I carry or parts.

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Most hyd shops have cap and plug kits that are very usefull. I'd p/u some ORF, JIC, and SAE kits for starters and you can build from there. Cat & JD have some pretty good oring kits available that would have 75% of what you'd ever need in a hurry.

Belooky

If you're having hose and o ring failures every day, when you replace one, make a note of what size it was. Do that for a week or so and then at the end of the week go by a cat or deere parts house and buy an O-ring kit that contains those commonly replaced ones. Same thing with the caps. Easiest way to know what you need. Or if your boss keeps receipts like every good business man should, look on the invoices and write down all the commonly replaced orings and caps you had to buy over the last few months.

shadow2

we have just got 3 new cat execrator a 299d and a 908 h2 wheel loader. looking at getting the cat soft wear is it worth it.

to have can come down just to see what the problem is is a 6hr min at 120hr then a return trip to fix the problem

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Last time I priced cat et it was around 4k. At $720 per call just to diagnose a problem, it won't take long for it to pay for itself.